Magento 2 Manage Theme extension helps you quickly create child theme on Magento 2 without coding knowledge
Magento 2 Manage Theme is an extension that allows you to quickly create child theme, and at the same time manage and customize theme properties such as name, type, parent, title without coding knowledge.
How does Manage Theme work?
Create Child Theme quickly
Child Theme is created and inherited characteristics and functions of the parent theme.
The use of Child Theme when customizing theme on Magento is essential. In the process of using the Magento theme, you will need to customize the functions to suit your work needs. However, if you edit directly on the parent theme then when upgrading Magento version, these edit will be lost. Repair and maintenance are quite difficult. The purpose when using Child Theme is to help you edit the theme as you like without losing any changes when the theme is updated.
With Magento 2 Manage Theme, you can create a child theme for any theme easily. This extension makes the process faster with a few customizable steps in the admin panel.
Show Manage Theme in Magento admin panel
- Manage child theme properties
After clicking 'Manage Theme', select 'Add new theme' to create a child theme for any original theme, you can customize the properties of the child theme as follows:
- Parent theme: Choose any parent theme for which you need to make changes
- Theme title: Set any title for the child theme. You should use titles that follow the parent theme's name to make it easy to remember and distinguish from store themes.
- Theme Path: example: “Parent theme name_child”
- Theme Type: There are 3 types of themes to choose from:
- Physical themes: Those themes are identified by files
- Virtual themes: Themes that extend by physical theme but do not appear in the file are used for a short time
- Staging themes: The theme is implemented mainly in campaigns.
- Overwrite: choose to overwrite theme if exist
How to install Manage Theme in Magento
✓ Install Magepow Manage Theme via composer (recommend)
Run the following command in Magento 2 root folder:
composer require magepow/theme
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f